Thursday, November 1, 2012

One Minute Microwave Mug Muffin


Most of the time I snooze my alarm until the absolute last second, dragging myself out of bed and then rushing around my apartment trying to get everything ready for the day. If I am lucky, I remember to grab a slice of banana bread or a handful of cereal before running (limping) out the door to amble into class (mostly) on time.

But every once in a while, on the off chance I get to bed early and feel refreshed before my alarm goes off, I wake up early and have time for a nice breakfast. On other mornings, I just want to have something good to eat without all the work.  This 1 minute mug muffin is great if I don't want to use a lot of dishes, or even if I just want something a little different. It is also really healthy so that is another plus.

It goes really well with eggs or fruit or whatever really.


1 Minute Microwave Muffin
Original Recipe: blogilates.com

  • 1/4 cup Quick Oats (One package of instant oatmeal)
  • 1 egg
  • Small handful of berries (Fresh or Frozen, optional)
  • Some brown sugar or stevia
  • 1 Tbsp. Soymilk (or milk, or lactose free milk)


Mix everything together in a mug and put in microwave for 1 minute. If top is not firm, place back in microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it is cooked.




I had to improvise when I made this the other day because I got halfway through and realized I didn't have any milk. I used a little scoop of greek yogurt, probably about a teaspoon, and about a tablespoon of apple cider. Not going to lie, I was pretty impressed when it worked.

1 comment:

  1. So you add the egg with everything else? I was a little confused since in the picture it looks like there is an egg beside it

    ReplyDelete