Thursday, November 8, 2012

Crockpot Lemon Chicken

Probably the coolest gift I've received while in college was a crockpot my mom found for like $20 and shipped to me. It is really great when you have some time in the morning and wont be home until late and want food ready as soon as you get home. I always look for easy slow cooker recipes on Pinterest, and I've found it is a lot easier to pick which one to use if you write down the ingredients and the cook time in the little comment box so you can pick which ones are worth a closer look at the time, without having to look through every individual recipe.

Usually I make my choice based on the ingredients I have handy and the cook time. The other day I knew I wasn't going to be home for at least 6 hours, so I was trying to find an easy crockpot recipe that I could just throw in so dinner would be ready when I got home. The recipe I found I actually couldn't find because the pin didn't work (so ya... that suggestion above isn't always effective), but I tried it out anyways. I don't think it was my favorite crockpot chicken I had ever made, but Dave really liked it.



Crockpot Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:

1 packet of Italian Dressing Seasoning
Cube of Butter (I think I used about half a stick of butter, but I think you could use up to a full stick)
Lemon Juice (I just sprinkled it on, but I think a few tablespoons)

Directions:

Super easy! Put the butter in the bottom of the crock pot, lay the chicken on top. Sprinkle the Italian dressing packet over the chicken, drizzle with lemon juice.


Pop on the lid and cook on High 4-5 hours, or Low 6-8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment