Tuesday, December 11, 2012

George Foreman BBQ Chicken

Old George has been a lifesaver lately.

I usually get home from my day in class and in the gym around 6 pm at the earliest. I am usually tempted to stop at the dining hall or subway on the way home, but with these new George Foreman recipes I have been trying out I can have a healthier dinner ready in a reasonable amount of time. A chicken breast only takes 4-6 minutes on the grill! A total time saver. Check out my George Foreman Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe for another idea.

This is even easier than the Lemon Garlic Chicken. I didn't think that that was possible.

I paired it with instant mashed potatoes... To be honest, I was a little nervous when I first saw powered mashed potatoes in the grocery store, but the purchase was totally worth it. They are super fast and easy and super delicious. I think it was one of Dave's favorites so far :)


George Foreman BBQ Chicken
Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
Directions:

If your chicken is frozen, check out my post on thawing frozen chicken (You can cook chicken from frozen on the George Foreman, just double the cook time and you probably wont be doing any cutting beforehand)

Cut chicken breast into strips (I used scissors, this makes it easier to fit more chicken on the grill at once in my opinion)

In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken with some BBQ sauce, enough to coat all of the chicken.

Pop the chicken on the grill  (I seem to be using the word "chicken" a lot in this post... sorry about that) and cook for 4-5 minutes.  I usually check the thickest piece around that time to see if it is cooked through.

Whip up some mashed potatoes or rice and you've got a great dinner :)






10 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and tried this for dinner tonight, it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What temp to you cook it at ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My George Foreman Grill doesn't have a temperature control, but if you wanted to cook this recipe in the oven try this recipe I found

      http://www.heatherlikesfood.com/super-moist-oven-baked-bbq-chicken/

      which recommends cooking chicken for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, applying sauce every 5 minutes, after the chicken has cooked for 20 minutes

      Delete
  3. That’s good! With the mashed potato off your task in every meal, you can focus on preparing the meat, or whatever dish it will come with. That chicken BBQ looks delicious, btw! It would make a great dinner or lunch, regardless if you opt for rice, mashed potato, or veggies. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew's Poultry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this for dinner and it was great! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. about pig's tails and i was flabbergasted..i mean really amazed, Best Food Truck In LA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Many thanks a lot for site. I will definitely try this recipe. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your grills and recipes. Please keep up the great recipes and selling your wondergul grills!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. now not simplest the writing however also the creativeness power of creator of this blog is surely swish. Use of terminology seemed great as i'm also a creator but i'm not able to find out any mistakes after studying this text. The A.P Rub

    ReplyDelete