Sunday, December 30, 2012

BBQ Chicken Dip

It's almost playoff season and that means time for football parties!  We have a Superbowl party coming up, so I'm pulling out ideas for our annual "dip off" appetizer cook-off competition.

In Upstate New York, where I spend most of the football season, the big thing is buffalo chicken dip, but I'm more of a barbecue girl so I tried out this recipe and got all thumbs up. Even from that die-hard Buffalonian boyfriend of mine.

I just whipped this easy appetizer up in a few minutes (the chicken was already cooked) and everyone thought it was great.
BBQ Chicken Dip
Adapted from: Plain Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 12 oz cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (about 3 chicken breasts, I think shredding is better)
  • 1 (8oz) block cream cheese, softened (1 cup)
  • 3/4 cup bbq sauce (I used Kinders this time, but I think I prefer Sweet Baby Rays)
  • 1/4 cup ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 green onion, chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish.

In a mixing bowl combine chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.

Pour mixture into prepared 8x8 baking dish.

Top the dip with chopped green onion and remaining cheese (according to my friend "whatever amount they say for cheese, double it" so I put a little extra cheese on top... And I didn't have any green onions--in the past I have omitted them--but this time I diced up some white onion and put a little bit on top).

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment