Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Quick Bread

The holidays are my favorite time of year. Great food, awesome company, and time to relax without any immediate obligations. I have been crazy busy though, and even though I've been around tons of food I haven't been very diligent in my picture taking... It gets distracting being around such tasty treats!

I've had a ton of requests and comments, so I just wanted to take the opportunity to express how thankful I am for everyone who has taken the time to check out the recipes I have posted so far. I am so blessed in so many ways, and it is the season to especially be thankful for everything and everyone I am so lucky to have in my life.

I have found having something quick and easy for breakfast or a snack is the best way to go... I try to have a loaf of some kind of bread on the counter most of the time, and this has become one of my favorites... It is sweet and delicious, and it is really easy to whip up and pop in the oven at night while doing homework or watching T.V. Plus it only takes one bowl, the original blog I got it from said she just used the tablespoon she measured with to mix (easy recipe and minimal dishes. Hello!).

Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Quick Bread
Original recipe: A whisk and a prayer

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil to flour mixture.

Stir until just moistened.

Pour half of the batter into pan.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar (you can mix together cinnamon and sugar before, but I usually just sprinkle them separately).

Cover with remaining batter.

Top with more cinnamon/sugar if desired (You know you want to)


Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. (Do this carefully... The cinnamon sugar layer can cause some difficulties)

The original recipe suggests wrapping the loaf in foil and letting it sit overnight before slicing (I can never help myself and it is soooo good warm, straight out of the oven, so I've never actually done this).

No comments:

Post a Comment