Monday, February 3, 2014

Edible Cookie Dough Icing for Brownies

The annual Super Bowl Dip-Off was a success--though my parents might have taken the challenge a little too literally... They each made three dishes each, and in usual Phillips' style we had WAYY too much food.  But I guess that is the point of the Super Bowl. ;)

Though there were a lot of dip submissions, I am selfishly going to post what I think was the best item of the day (even though it wasn't a dip)...

I've been seeing this on Pinterest, and I guess I should have tried to make the brownies from scratch to really complete the recipe, but I cheated and used a box of brownie mix.  If you want to be adventurous, the entire recipe (including brownies) was posted by Your Cup of Cake, a super cute blog with wayy better pictures than mine.

Anyways, here is the recipe for the cookie dough icing.  It is eggless, so it is edible, and though I am usually not a fan of eggless cookie dough, this recipe tastes pretty close to the real thing.  I even got a call from my friend's fiancĂ©, when she took some home to him, asking for the recipe.  Definitely expect some rave reviews if you make this.


Cookie Dough Icing (for Brownies)
Adapted from: Your Cup of Cake

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter, unsalted, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 Tbsp milk or cream
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips (about one bag)
Directions:
Cook brownie, and cool completely.

Beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until smooth, about two minutes.  Add milk, vanilla, and flour and mix until just combined.  Stir in 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips.

After brownie is cool, spread cookie dough over the top, then spring with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.  Drizzle with chocolate sauce and refrigerate 1-2 hours for easy cutting.

Serve with ice cream or a big cold glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment