Friday, February 28, 2014

Creamy White Garlic Pasta

Now that I live at home again, my parents do this thing where they find something they like and they want it every time I cook for them.....

We've had the Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry I posted in January on a weekly basis.

With that in mind--and acknowledging the fact that I have been coaching more and doing my grad school interviews--I haven't had the time to try many new recipes, BUT I found this one.  I tried it last month when I had to whip something up to impress the new boyfriend.  It was really easy, and cooking the noodles in the garlic and broth added a lot of flavor.  A friend from college once told me, after his time in Italy, that over there they season the water before they cook pasta.  After making this, I can totally understand why.

As far as reviews:  the boyfriend said that even though he wasn't USUALLY a huge white sauce fan, he really liked this.  He might have been trying to impress me right back, but I really liked it.  It is super creamy and delicious, and writing this post is making me want to put a pot on the stove right now to make it again.  Actually... I just might!


Creamy Garlic Pasta
Recipe via The Cheese Pusher

Ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Directions:
In a pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high.  Add the garlic, stir, and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.  Mix in the butter until melted.  Add the salt, pepper, and chicken stock.  Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.

When boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions.  Reduce heat to medium and mix in the parmesan cheese until completely melted.  Remove from heat and stir in cream and parsley.  Serve immediately.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Corey, I'm new to your blog and wanted to say hi! Really like this quick and easy pasta dish you've posted. Looking forward to making it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete