Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Microwave Pizookie

I had my tonsils removed the day after Christmas, so food hasn't been too appealing to me the past two weeks....... Well..... Not that it hasn't been appealing, I just couldn't eat anything so I didn't want to be around it.

Thankfully, I'm finally almost over the pain, so the urge to bake is finally returning. I am loving being home, and being able to use my parents' giant kitchen, even though I'm missing the company of my constant companion, Alexa. Last night, while watching the (awesome/exciting/intense) BCS championship game last night (by myself because I have no friends), I decided to indulge myself with a delectable treat.

So I scoured my Pinterest boards.... And I'm going to apologize in advance.... This recipe is pretty darn fantastic.

If you've ever been to a place like BJ's, you know the Pizookie is the king of all desserts. Last night I realized, the only thing better than a melty, chocolate-y, warm, fresh from the oven cookie topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce, is a melty, chocolate-y, warm, fresh from the oven cookie topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce that is microwaveable, only takes like five minutes from start to finish, and you can enjoy in your sweats, curled up on the couch in front of the fireplace.

I had to tweak the recipe I found from Remodelaholic a little bit...... Mostly because I found out halfway through mixing everything that I didn't have any flour (....not an important component or anything)... So I made a straight trade for Bisquick and reduce the called for 1/4 tsp baking soda to just a pinch.... And the original recipe called for "shortening".... Which I substituted straight up for butter.

Microwave Pizookie
Adapted from: Remodelaholic

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp butter (softened)
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • A shake of salt
  • A pinch of baking soda
  • 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Bisquick (or flour + 1/4 tsp baking soda)
  • 3 (+/-) Tbsp chocolate chips

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix sugars and butter thoroughly. Add egg yolk and vanilla and combine. Add salt, baking soda, and Bisquick and combine. Add the chocolate chips and split between two medium-sized microwaveable ceramic ramekins or cereal bowls. Microwave for 1 minute (don't overdo this part-it won't look done, but don't add more time). Broil for two minutes to brown the crust (the author of the original recipe said she used a toaster oven).

Serve with a BIG scoop of ice cream and some chocolate and caramel sauce.  Sigh one of those big delicious sighs of complete satisfaction.

1 comment: