Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bloomin' Onion Bread

Fair warning... This is not one of my "healthier" posts.....

*****(Coaches... If you read this, I swear I made it over the summer)****

It is freaking phenomenal though.... So there's that.

I made it as an appetizer for my last night BBQ with my friends at home. Despite the fact that I was also filling myself up on chips and bruschetta, and I knew how (not) good it was for me, I couldn't help from eating half of the loaf by myself... The mass of melty cheesy goodness was too good to resist and everyone there echoed my sentiment... It did not last too long once it was set out.  Just thinking about it is making my mouth water.


Bloomin’ Onion Bread
Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Ingredients:

  • 1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
  • 12-16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup finely diced green onion
  • 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (Ya.. I didn't do this part.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

The original recipe suggested cutting the bread both lengthwise and widthwise (without cutting through the bottom crust) first, but as I was making it I thought perhaps it would be easier to cut it one way first, slip in the cheese slices, and then cut the other way. I thought of it too late to try, but if you do it, let me know how it goes.

Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Insert cheese slices between cuts. Combine butter, onion, and poppy seeds. Drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment