Thursday, April 18, 2013

Protein Pancake

My sister is three things: an amazing chef, an incredible athlete, and the most social person I have ever known. I call her "The Mayor" because no matter where we go, she always knows someone... And if she doesn't know anyone, she meets them. Apparently on her last flight, she met a guy and somehow learned this recipe for a quick protein fix. She made it for breakfast, my first try was as a post-workout snack.

This is a super easy recipe, and super healthy, and it even tastes good!


Protein Pancake

Ingredients:
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I don't like the flavor of the whey protein I am using right now, but they still turned out pretty good with it... Personally my favorite so far--flavor wise--is Pure Protein. You can get a big blue tub at Sam's Club for about $20)
Directions:

Spray a griddle or frying pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Whisk together the egg whites and protein powder in a small bowl. Add batter to heated pan and cook like a pancake!

I added peanut butter and honey for some flavor, but I bet it would be really good topped with fresh fruits or berries or something like that.

Note: I made this again and added some cinnamon to the batter (cinnamon is a metabolic booster).


No comments:

Post a Comment