Sunday, October 7, 2012

Alfredo Plus

My dad is home alone for the week while my mom is here taking care of me, and he requested I post something that he can actually eat (besides cupcakes)... 

So here is my first "original" recipe... I guess it isn't technically original, but it is my adaptation of my favorite Fettucini Alfredo recipe from a really great Italian restaurant in my home town. I'm sure you could totally find a healthier alfredo recipe online, but I got a canned version because it was quicker and easier.

Basically this is just a super EASY way to add some flavor to an old favorite. Totally delicious comfort food for yourself, or a great way to impress guests.




Ingredients:

1 lb. Pasta
1 jar Alfredo Sauce
1 large onion
Chicken Breast or Frozen Meatballs (optional)

Directions:

Prepare the pasta according to directions on the package. I used Angel Hair because it is a personal favorite, but fettucini noodles would be perfect too. 

In a large skillet or saucepan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Dice the onions and then sauté them for 7-12 minutes (I totally just made that number up... I do most of my cooking by sight, cook them until they are barely browning). Add the alfredo sauce and heat according to the package.

Toss with pasta, or serve separately. I usually cook more pasta than I actually need because it is a super easy way to feed myself for a few days with leftovers.

You could also cook some slices of chicken in olive oil in a skillet, or some meatballs (I buy big bags of frozen ones because they are great to have around, they are great when you want a super quick meal), and add those in for some protein. I wouldn't recommend heating up the meatballs in the alfredo sauce because I thought it gave the sauce too much of a meatball-y flavor and masked the taste of the onions, but Dave liked it so you could always try it and see what you think.


On a side note:

1. Thank you Jubbs for helping me fix all my silly mistakes and typos

2. Don't starve Dad, I love you!

3. Go Niners! Thanks for winning me a nice dinner, made by my boyfriend the Bills fan ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment