Monday, September 16, 2013

Nutella Banana Bread Swirl Muffins

Yes you did read that correctly... this is a recipe for Nutella Banana Swirl Muffins...

Also known as Heaven in a Muffin Cup.

The other day was Felix's birthday, so I asked him what I could make him to celebrate. I was already planning on making banana bread for a team potluck the next day, so I asked if he wanted banana bread muffins.  He got really excited and started talking about how I should put Nutella in them.....

Now, I have a secret banana bread recipe that is amazing and I have thought about posting every time I make it, but I haven't been able to get myself to do it.  This particular recipe does not say anything about Nutella additions, so I hit the Pinterest boards.

I found this incredible, amazing, mouth-watering recipe.  Felix couldn't find the words to describe how much he like them (he also thought he could get them to last for two weeks despite the fact that he was eating like 5 at a time).  I also learned I could probably just try adding Nutella swirls to my banana bread recipe..... Next time. :)


Nutella Banana Bread Swirl Muffins
Recipe from The Novice Chef

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed (I only had 3 large ones left after making banana bread, but they still turned out pretty delicious)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil... technically it is a vegetable?)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Nutella
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare muffin pan with liners.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, sugar, and brown sugar.  Beat in the egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.  Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients until their are no lumps (mixture will be thick, be sure not to over mix). 

Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.  Top each muffin with about 1 tsp Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.

Bake muffins 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


The original recipe said this yields 18 muffins, I stretched it to two dozen because I was worried I was filling more than 3/4 full and they were going to overflow (and also, it made them last longer... yumm)

No comments:

Post a Comment